Friday 7 March 2014


Welcome to my blog

Setting up this blog was a challenging experience and a great personal achievement.  The first week of lectures has certainly been a quantitative acquisition of knowledge, an eye opener and I am getting the feel of student life.  The lecturers are friendly and are approachable should I need assistance, which I undoubtedly will.  There is so much more work to be done and I am excited to learn more.

 What is Accounting?

After group discussion we decided accounting was a list of financial records for a business, including profit and loss statements, trial balance, journals and ledgers, for business analysis.

What is learning?

A way of thinking about practical applications of research and recalling information. Quantitative knowledge for individual requirements in the real world.



I am sitting here, while Angelina Ballerina and Pepper Pig are entertaining my 2 toddlers and contemplating how lucky we are as humans to have facilities such as schools and university to further advance our learning.  I started a business degree in the early 90’s and made the decision to return 20 or so years later to study a business diploma, as a stepping stone to gainful employment and a head start on my degree. This is my opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills to achieve a financial employment position and potentially operate my own business.  It is fortunate indeed that we won’t be the subject of elaborate scientific experiments or bacon!


My company

Originally I was assigned the company China Auto Interior Decoration Holding Ltd, a huge multi-million dollar company.  The web site takes so long to load that I was reassigned the company Contact Energy Electricity Company based in New Zealand.  I will be further investigating the Contact Energy Electricity Company on it's own page. 

I hope you all enjoy my blog. Happy blogging!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, cool blog! Look forward to seeing more of what you post in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I shall revamp as I learn more. If you post a link to your blog in the comments, I'll happily check it out! Happy blogging!

      Delete
    2. Please tell me how you're able to do anything on a computer with TWO toddlers? I have one and cannot do anything until he retires to bed! :) Your blog looks great. You should be proud.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Melody, it's not easy! I have them in daycare 2 days a week and sometimes my teenagers even help out! Goodluck with it all and happy blogging!

      Delete
    4. hi sharon love your blog, i take my hat off to any mother who undertakes study as i think it sets a good example for kids and reinforces the idea that you never stop learning. You must need to have a well structured timetable with two toddlers to look after, i think it's great you receiving support from the older children. i am studying a diploma of business part time, and like you hope to operate my own small business in the near future.

      Delete
    5. Thanks Charmaine, I'm glad you like it. Forgive me for the late reply, I find pockets of time and fill them with study! I will check out your blog too. Goodluck with it all and happy blogging!

      Delete
    6. Your blog is looking excellent, Sharon! Glad to see you are getting the hang of the idea of blogging. Keep up with the great posts :)

      Delete